Posts tagged ‘fixed vs. variable rate’
Monday Morning Interest Rate Update for April 6, 2020
If you need a mortgage now and you don’t already have a commitment in place, a variable rate seems like the clear choice. Today’s post explains why.
Monday Morning Interest Rate Update for November 11, 2019
Today’s post answers an increasingly popular question: Should variable-rate mortgage borrowers lock in a fixed rate now?
Last Updated on November 13th, 2017
Ahh, the variable rate mortgage, temptress to us all. It offers you the lowest borrowing cost in exchange for the security of your locked-in rate. History shows that variable has been the right call for Canadians about 90% of the time, but for the other 10% of the time, history also shows you would have […]