The following blog posts and calculators are most relevant to first-time home buyers.
- 13 Guideposts for Every First-time Home Buyer
- Canadian Mortgage Rates Explained: Why a Smaller Down Payment Comes with a Lower Mortgage Rate
- Preapprovals: Why They Aren't Worth the Paper They're Written On and Why You Should Still Get One
- Waiving Your Financing Condition
- Closing Costs: The Stomach Punch of the Home Buying Process
- The most important terms and conditions in your mortgage contract
Mortgage Calculators for First-time Buyers
These calculators are designed to help you answer the most important questions surrounding the mortgage you will need to purchase your first home.
This tool will help you calculate the maximum mortgage amount you can qualify for (please add 2% to whatever you are estimating for your mortgage rate).
This tool will calculate your new mortgage payment based on amounts, rates, amortization periods and payment frequencies.
This one-of-a-kind tool provides a conservative estimate of how much you need to budget for closing costs